Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Number Three, Never Forget

So for my final project in Digital Design Aesthetics we had to develop a character. I decided to base my character of off St. Anthony. My character , Anthony Manheim is a former priest that loses his faith after he finds out his family is slaughtered. He decides to go to the "dark side" so he can get revenge of the murderers of his family. As he tries to summon the powers of the "dark side" AKA the devil, he ends up being cursed because of his past relationship with faith. At first I wanted Anthony's appearance to be divided vertically like two-face, but after some feedback I changed it to a horizontal division.


Thumbnails






Roughs




Comps




Final



Overall I'm pretty satisfied with how he turned out, but I'd like to explore the concept behind Anthony a little more. Digital Design Aesthetics was a pretty good class, it allowed me to explore the art side of games and develop my digital painting skills. It still didn't affect my decision to be a game designer, but I
definitely have more appreciation for game art.

As for my introduction to game development class my second project was a game pitch presentation. We actually had to have some animation or demo of the game.
Here's a screenshot

I worked with 3 of my peers to come up with the concept I only did the level design and game design. My AWESOME teammates worked on the story, art/animation, and programming. All I can say is that the game is a 2D puzzle/platformer where the player plays as a individual dealing with schizophrenia. Our team might revisit the game in the future. As for the break I do have some things planned, so keep an eye out for a post next week about my plans...also tomorrow is MAH BERFDAY!!!!(birthday).

No comments:

Post a Comment