Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Long time no blog

Well Summer is over and I'm back at SCAD for my final year (errrr 2/3 of a year). Over the Summer I had an internship at a game studio in Austin, TX. I had a good time and learned a lot about how a studio works. I also discovered what I wanted to do with games / what I want to do after graduating.

 Austin was fantastic. I got to check out some really cool places and meet up with some independent game devs. On the first Sunday of every month a group called Juegos Rancheros meets up to discuss current indie games and play some. I actually had the chance to show Get Dat Swag to some people and the response was pretty positive. It was really nice to see people enjoy the game and have fun together.

 Anyway now that I'm back at school I'll be working on my big Senior project with some friends. This quarter I'm taking Level Design Mechanics , Studio II, and a VFX history class. I'm glad to be back making games with some buddies. Speaking of making games I'll be heading back to Austin to participate in the Fantastic Game Jam. The theme is Adventure Time and the creator of the show (Pendleton Ward) is probably going to come down to judge the games. The best game will be put into a arcade machine and be a part of Fantastic Arcade. It's good to be bloggin' again. My next update will probably be after the jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment