Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Adventure Time Game Jam




So I'm back from the Adventure Time Game Jam (part of Fantastic Arcade) and I had a super great time. I actually got to team up with a professional programmer. Our game is called "Princess Panic" the object of the game is to defeat all the penguins and reach the princess before time runs out. You can play it here. The game has its share of bugs but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Working with a programmer was a different experience, but a good one! He really jumped into flixel quickly and we have a cool original mechanic in the game. "Jake" the dog can stretch his body and act as a level so "Finn" can reach higher platforms. I really wanted to play up the idea that the two main characters of the show need each other and use both of their heads to solve problems.

Now I'm back at SCAD and ready to work with some friends on our big senior studio II project. More on that soon......

No comments:

Post a Comment